Medical Care Details
We are very happy that you have chosen Tri-City Health Center!
We want you to get the most out of your care.
Here are some helpful hints for you in working with our clinic.
- Please bring all your meds that you are currently taking to your appointment, in the bottles they came in.
- If you do not speak English, we will be happy to make arrangements with a translator for you.
- Please be on time, try to come 15 minutes before your appointment.
- Make a list of 3 important questions or concerns for your medical provider prior to your visit.
- Bring copies of your records from your last medical provider, if you have them. If you do not have this information, your Medical Provider may want to order it.
- Your Medical Provider will decide if you need any x-rays or specialty care.
- Prescriptions: If the medicine is not covered by your insurance program, the Medical Provider will send a referral to our Drug Scholarship program, if there is a way for you to get the medicine for free.
- Pain Medicine: Your Medical Provider may give you medicine to help you manage pain. If you lose your pain medicine, it may not be replaced. You may be asked to sign an agreement- a Pain Management Contract- when you are given pain medicine.
- Follow-up Appointments: You can make a return appointment on your way out of the clinic, or you can call for a return appointment.
- Refills: If your medical provider gives you a prescription and you need a refill, you do not need to make an appointment to get a refill. All you have to do is ask the pharmacy to fax a Refill Request to (510) 770-3656. Once we get the fax, you should be able to pick up your refill at the pharmacy within 48 hours.