Adolescent Services – Teen Clinic
At Tri-City Health Center, we understand that sometimes it is easier to talk with someone your own age. For this reason, TCHC Teen Clinic uses a “peer model.” This means the Teen Clinic is staffed with other teens that have been trained to help with the issues teens face every day. TCHC Teen Clinic services are free and confidential for youth ages 12 to 21. We offer specialized health and social programs. These services include confidential health screenings, counseling and youth leadership programs. TCHC Teen Clinic is committed to helping teens in our community stay healthy and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In addition to the Teen Clinic which is located at the Mowry II clinic site, Adolescent and Teen Services are offered across all five clinic locations. Services include:
- Chronic and acute medical care
- Free confidential adolescent sensitive services
- Pregnancy testing
- STD testing and treatment
- Preventative checks and urgent issues
- Preventive health education
- School Based Clinic (coming fall 2017)
- Teen Clinic (Every Wednesday evening from 5:00pm-7:00pm)
- Focus on addressing reproductive health issues
- Counseling by youth program staff
- Health Education Workshops
- Peer Leadership
- Availability of immunizations
- Sports Physicals
We are looking for teens, 16 years or older, who want to volunteer at the Teen Clinic. This is a great opportunity to gain work experience and make a difference in the lives of other teens. You will receive special training by our staff to register patients, provide health education, and conduct risk assessments. Call our Human Resources Department at (510) 252-6862 to learn more about volunteering. We look forward to hearing from you!
Location / Hours of Operation
1999 Mowry Ave., Suite N, Fremont 94538
Monday – Thursday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday 12:30 pm – 5:00 pm
Appointment Line 510.770.8131
Hotline 510.770.8131– Only during Teen Clinic hours.